- Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:26:53 +0000: New York Committees Pass Bill to Expand Medical Marijuana Program, Further Nullify Federal Prohibition - Tenth Amendment Center
ALBANY, N.Y. (April 30, 2017) – Last Tuesday, two New York Assembly committees passed a bill that would expand the state’s medical marijuana program. Passage of this measure would further nullify the federal prohibition on cannabis in practice. Assm. Richard Gottfried (D-NYC) introduced Assembly Bill 4277 (A4277), along with 31 cosponsors. If passed, New York would…
- Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:25:50 +0000: Mississippi Passes on Comprehensive Asset Forfeiture Reform, Takes Smaller Step Forward - Tenth Amendment Center
JACKSON, Miss. (April 30, 2017) – Instead of passing comprehensive asset forfeiture reform that would have also closed a loophole allowing police to circumvent more stringent state laws by passing cases to the feds, Mississippi took a very small step forward and enacted a modest measure increasing asset forfeiture transparency. The Mississippi legislature passed, and…
- Sat, 29 Apr 2017 17:37:13 +0000: Mainstream Media Gets the Supremacy Clause and Nullification Wrong. Again. - Tenth Amendment Center
While a recent AP report was better than most in recent years, it still parroted some of the same old arguments.
- Sat, 29 Apr 2017 16:53:05 +0000: Book Review: “The Candidate” - Tenth Amendment Center
Sometimes fiction inadvertently mimics fact. A political thriller penned by C.H. Cobb does just that. The 2016 presidential race was expected to be a race between a moderate Republican and a typical left-wing Democrat. Suddenly, an unlikely contender throws his hat in the ring. Against all odds and expectations of pundits and political commentators, his…
- Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:40:50 +0000: For Immigration Enforcement Supporters, Texas Provides a Path - Tenth Amendment Center
Whether that's good policy or bad policy for Texas is up to Texas. But it's a decision for Texas, not Washington D.C.